Managed Package Framework for Projects (MPFProj) for VS 2013

Nov 25, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Do you have any plans for releasing the Managed Package Framework for Projects (MPFProj) for VS 2013?

Regards,
Bogdan
Nov 25, 2013 at 5:54 PM
I can't speak for the project owners but I can tell you that the code will work with VS 2013. You may need to update some references to build it under VS 2013 though which I haven't done. In my case I merged the changes from this release into an updated version of the VS 2010 release that works across all three versions of Visual Studio. That way I only have to develop for the lowest version and it works across them all without any changes.

Eric
Nov 26, 2013 at 6:04 AM
The code works in general, but there are some problems building custom projects that worked perfectly before upgrading.

It looks like the SVsBuildManagerAccessor.BeginDesignTimeBuild() method behaves differently in VS 2013 and the build is not initialized properly. The workaround is to modify the ProjectNode code, to skip the design time build initialization and always use the BuildManager.DefaultBuildManager.BeginBuild() method directly.

A possible reason could be that our custom projects still need to target the framework 4.0, but that's just a guess. I need to test with the latest MPFProj to be sure.

Thanks,
Bogdan